| || |
- Brown the 1.5 lbs. of Ground Beef
- I cook the noodles only half way, enough I can layer them and they bake a bit faster, preferring this because it’s not as soupy at the end or you can add extra water to the pan and cover with foil while it cooks.
- While the noodles are cooking I take the Ricotta, Italian 4 Cheese, Onion (finely chopped), and all the seasoning’s (to taste) and stir them well together with the eggs, till it’s a thick paste. This hides the onion and the strong ricotta flavors when it’s finished cooking, giving it an enhanced flavor instead of only tasting one or the other they blend well.
- Now I layer a bit of pasta sauce to the bottom of the cake pan, so that the noodles do not stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Then I layer the noodles, with ingredients, as long as one layer is: Spinach, Mushrooms, and Roasted Tomatoes (including the entire can). This will cook the spinach and mushrooms well, more flavors, and I ONLY use Fresh Spinach and Mushrooms, canned just doesn't have the same flavor. Saving the mozzarella, pasta sauce and some burger for top.
- The Cheese paste can be difficult to spread I glob a spoonful on and use the spoon to smooth it over the best I can.
- Once all your layers are done I use the Mozzarella and some of the Burger for the top layer and pour what’s left of the pasta sauce. If you don’t want the kids to know it has Spinach in it I wouldn’t use it as garnish like I did in the picture.
- Preheat the oven for 350° and bake for 45 minutes, Check if not done you can leave it for a bit longer.